WHAT IS LI-FI TECHNOLOGY?
Li-Fi (Light Fidelity) is a wireless optical network technology that transmits light together with semiconductors on LED bulbs to establish wireless communication and transmit data between devices.
Li-Fi technology, which aims to use light waves instead of radio signals to present data, turns the brightness of LED bulbs into an opportunity and ensures that the light intensity creates a signal at high speeds. In order to fully understand Li-Fi technology, it is important to understand how Wi-Fi technology provides internet and data to our devices.
We can basically say the following differences between Wifi and Lifi. Wi-Fi uses radio frequency to transmit data and signals are spread to a certain area around an access point. Li-Fi is a “Visible Light Communication” system. In other words, Li-Fi uses light from led bulbs that we all see today, instead of radio frequencies to transmit data. Li-Fi technology is much stronger and faster than Wi-Fi technology, as it is easier for the signals transmitted using light waves to focus on a single area compared to radio frequencies. Li-Fi speed reached up to 224 GB per second. So what does this mean? In other words, a person from the internet at this speed can download 20 movies of data per second.
Does It Replace Wifi Technology?
To offer wireless internet using light technology instead of radio frequencies; It enables connections to be made in environments where Wi-Fi technology cannot be used easily, such as airplane cabins, hospitals and dangerous environments. Light is used for faster data transmission in fiber optic cables.
Li-Fi technology has a wide spectrum for wireless communication that can reduce the load on the existing Wi-Fi network by 10,000 times. This shows that Li-Fi technology will be a faster, long-lasting and reliable internet source.
- Since it does not use radio frequencies, Li-Fi allows the use of 10,000 times more capacity than Wi-Fi.
- By enabling more than 100 devices to connect to the internet with a single distributor device, it paves the way for the Internet of Things (IOT) to come to life.
- It provides 100 times energy savings by performing data communication and also the task of lighting through a single device.
- It eliminates all health problems that Wi-Fi can cause, such as headaches, cancer and more.
- With Li-Fi technology, it is possible to reach a data transfer rate of 224 Gbps per second.