We’ve Compiled 10 Free Photoshop Actions for You
Most designers and photographers spend hours in Photoshop designing or editing photos. You can get photos that need retouching on your client projects, or you can be a photographer yourself.
Photoshop offers endless potential for photo editing, and one of the best ways to take advantage of Photoshop’s capabilities is to use actions. Photoshop actions are useful for quickly completing repetitive tasks, such as performing the same steps to achieve a certain type of photographic effect.
There are countless actions that can be purchased or downloaded for free, but finding the best quality free actions can take quite some time. With that in mind, this post showcases 10 different actions and action sets available for free. The actions showcased here let you create all sorts of different types of effects for your photos, from matte and film looks to vintage effects, stunning black and white conversions and even HDR. With these actions in your arsenal, you will be able to save time editing photos, and you will also not have to search the web to find quality free actions.
Browse through this collection, find the ones that suit your needs and experiment with your own photos. You will find that with the help of the right actions, you can create truly amazing effects in a very short time.
- Animated Retro Vintage Film Photoshop Actions (with Envato Elements)
- Faded Movies – 75 Movies and Retro Effects (with Envato Elements)
- Vintage Art Photoshop Action (with Envato Elements)
- Vintage Film Photoshop Actions (with Envato Elements)
- Film and Cinema Effect Photoshop Actions (with Envato Elements)
- Double Color Exposure Actions (with Envato Elements)
- Color Fusion Photoshop Actions (with Envato Elements)
- Color Powder Photoshop Action (with Envato Elements)
- Anaglyph / Glitch Photo FX Actions (with Envato Elements)
- Firestorm Photoshop Action (with Envato Elements)
- How to Install and Use Photoshop Actions
Photoshop actions help you turn your photos into works of art and save you time during your editing workflow. They also help you easily get a consistent look instead of trying to remember all the adjustments and filters you’ve used. Here is a quick tutorial on how to install and use Photoshop actions:
- Download and open the action file
- Start Photoshop
- Go to Window > Actions
- Select Load Actions from the menu and navigate to the folder where you saved the uncompressed action file to select it. The action will now load
- To use the newly uploaded action, find it in the Action panel
- Click the triangle to the left of the action name to see the list of available actions.
- Click the action you want to play and press the play button at the bottom of the Actions panel.